Sunday, July 17, 2011

5 Good Reporting Strategies

Over the past few weeks I have learned many things that helps to be a reporter, and since this blog was inspired by my Journalism I might as well write them.

#1. Don't ever be late for an interview.
              Luckily I didn't learn this the hard way. I am never late for appointments that I have set up. But I learned this little fun fact because as I was waiting in an office for an appointment I set up I was listening to someone being chewed out for being late. Glad that wasn't me.

#2. Be smarter than the person your interviewing.
             Often people will try to hide information or dirty facts from you if your digging at a good story. Its your right to know these things. The peoples right. Go in with information. Protect your right to know.

#3. Don't trust everything your told.
             Check up on what people tell you. Being a reporter people tend to automatically not like you. So they'll withhold information, or make a story into something its not.

#4. Go into an appointment with questions prepared.
              It makes you feel stupid if you have to admit your not quite sure what to ask.

#5. Record everything you can.
              People will often deny something they said and blame you for writing. Make sure you have proof that they said what they said.

Until next time my faithful readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment