Monday, June 20, 2011

OCM

Let me introduce you to the little city I live in. Well, it isn't really even a city, more like a town. Its called Oak City. Its an amazing little place.

See, people here are different, the feeling here is different. I don't know how to explain it other than if you live here for a year you'll feel it.

I did most of my growing up here in Oak City. And no I didn't move here at an early age or anything, but something about this place changes you, makes you grow, makes you see who you are.

I love this town, with a passion.

Now for the best part, the people.

Welcome to O.C.M. The Oak City Mafia, trust me, its not at all as threatening as it sounds. Its just a group of guys that hang out and do fun crazy stuff, a group of which I have become a part of.

They taught me a lot, although they may not know it, and I'm not sure how to tell them, but they're the funnest to hang out with.

You see, these guys, they don't see me as a girl, which is to say they don't see me as someone they can hit on and take on a date. Which I love. And some of you are probably thinkin 'What??' but I do love it. They consider me a friend, someone who you can hang with and BS with. I'm one of the guys. No worrying about making an impression, none of those stupid little games guys and girls seem to have to constantly play, its just me and the guys doing something a little crazy, a little fun, and a little stupid.

They taught me that you really can just kick back and enjoy life. Sometimes you just need to pour gas on a couch, light that sucker on fire, and watch the sun set behind it with a couple of buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment